Applications are invited from the Life Members of VSI for the overseas fellowships for the year. Interested members are requested to send applications as per the requirements listed below. The application should be sent to the Secretary by email and post.
VSI ORGANIZED OVERSEAS FELLOWSHIP 2019 – 20
|S.No||Name of the Fellowship||Mentor||No of Fellowship||Duration||Eligibility||Sponsorship||Additional Information|
|1||Dublin, Ireland||P. Madhavan||2||4 months||Life member of VSI||Euro 750 each Total Euro 1500||ESVS Conference & Annual Conference of Vascular Society of Britian and Ireland|
|2||National University Hospital, Singapore||Rajesh Dharmaraj||2||one year||Life member of VSI||SGD 5000 – 6000 each||Sponsor Various Conferences & workshops in singapore region|
|3||Gloucestershire Hospitals, UK||Sharath Paravastu||1||one year||Life member of VSI||Registrar category salary||ESVS Conference & Annual Conference of Vascular Society of Britian and Ireland|
|4||Queen Elizabeth Hospital & Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham, UK||Mark Kay & Rachel||1||One or two years||Life member of VSI||Registrar category salary||ESVS Conference & Annual Conference of Vascular Society of Britian and Ireland|
|5||Royal Infirmary, Doncaster, UK||Nandan Haldipur||1||one year||Life member of VSI||Registrar category salary||ESVS Conference & Annual Conference of Vascular Society of Britian and Ireland|
- The applicant must be a Life member of VSI and completed at least two years.
- The applicant should not be a current member of the executive committee of VSI.
- The applicant should not have had previous training abroad for 6 months or more.
- The applicant should not have availed any VSI sponsored fellowship.
- Application forms can be downloaded from VSI website Click Here
- Each applicant can opt for a maximum of two fellowships.
- Please attach the following
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae mentioning the Trainings, service particulars, publications and presentations.
- Letter from Head of the Department / Institution regarding current position.
- NOC from Head of the Department / Institution for availing Fellowship.
- Copy of VSI membership certificate.
- Copy of participation certificates for VSICON (minimum two years)
- Copies of 5 publications of applicants choice
- Passport sized photograph – one.
- Selection will be as per the scoring system given below
- Just provide names of two referees: one must be the present or past VSI office bearer and the other one is the person
- under whom he/she is trained.
- Regarding the Selection of candidates. the decision of the Executive Committee will be final
Selection of candidates will be made in the interview
Date and time of interview will be announced to applicants by email Candidates will have to attend the interview in person with all supportive documents as required.
Completed application may be sent to The Secretary VSI in the following address:-
Dr. Vijay Thakore, Secretary VSI
37, Nilamber Grandeur,
Near Navrachana University Bhayli, Vadodara
Gujarat 390 007
Mobile: +91 98250 28114
Scoring System for the Selection of Overseas Fellowship Candidates 2019 – 20
|1||For each year of VSI membership||1 Point|
|2||For each Annual/Midterm VSI Conferences in the last two years||1 Point|
|3||Age of the Candidate:|
|Below 30 years: 5 points||31 – 35 years: 4 points||35 – 40 years: 3 points||Above 40 years: 1 point|
|1st Author – Indexed Journal 6 points for each paper||1st Author – Non Indexed Journal 5 points for each paper||Coauthor – Indexed Journal 4 points for each paper||Coauthor – Non Indexed Journal 3 points for each paper|
|5||Chapters in Text Books|
|Editor: 20 points||Associate Editor: 15 points||Author of chapters: 10 points||Coauthor of Chapters: 5 points|
|6||Papers Presented in Conferences|
|International: 5 points for each paper||National: 4 points for each paper||State: 3 points for each paper||Individual Meetings: 1 point for each paper|
|7||Completion of course in Vascular Surgery|
|Mch/DNB in Vascular Surgery: 4 points||Indian Vascular Fellowship (After 1 year): 2 points|